Tarkwa Na Aboso (W/R), June 19, GNA - A 36 year-old woman and her son have been electrocuted in their home at Tarkwa Na Aboso in the Tarkwa Nsueam Constituency.
The deceased are Aba Arthur, a trader and Peter Nsiah her 16 year-old son whiles her other child Assiam Ewula is still on admission.
Superintendent Thomas Osei Ababio, the Municipal Police Commander, told the Ghana News Agency that the assembly member of Tarkwa Na Aboso electoral area came to inform the police that he received a call at 0600 that three people have been electrocuted and that they have been sent to the hospital for treatment.
He said after receiving the information, a team of police officers led by the Divisional Police Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police Edmond Bosompim went to scene where they saw that the deceased had tied a disconnected cable around a Multi TV dish and was apparently using it as her clothes drying line.
Superintendent Ababio said the deceased was in the process of drying her washed clothes on the line when the unfortunate incident occurred.
He said the deceased sons were indoors when they heard her screaming and came out to offer her help, but in the process they also got electrocuted.
Superintendent Ababio said they were all rushed to the Apinto Government Hospital and Tarkwa Municipal Hospital, but Peter and his mother were pronounced dead on arrival.
The Municipal Commander said Assiam Ewula is responding to treatment at the Tarkwa Municipal Hospital and bodies of the deceased have also been deposited at the morgue of the same hospital.